Monday, August 19, 2013

JTGaze Fashion Show: Featuring @Deviant_Rebel and #612Clothing & More

Featured: 612 Clothing. Photo by Marcos TKE Sotomayor - View More Photos, CLICK HERE

      I had an amazing time hosting this show. On August 10th, I was given the opportunity to host my first fashion show, directed by JTGaze of Gaze Models. Designers included Deviant Rebel Clothing, 612 Clothing, Closet Freak Boutique, Keven Sharoozi, Accessories by Tavia Sanza, swimwear by John Falacco, designs by Duant Cooley, and headwear by Misa. Yes, plenty of high heels, high fashion & high drama.


     One of NYC's secret venues turned fabulous, Pentloft is a 4 floor building with a private rooftop deck right on 8th avenue. In the heart of the fashion district, this hidden gem was home to Gaze Magazine's 2 annual fashion show. Do you folks understand how much I love fashion shows? I walked in my first show as a freshman in college, and I've been 5'2 since I can remember. I've never been afraid of walking the runway because, I feel like if you hold oyur head high, you can walk taller than anyone else. & when you've got a runway to yourself, you're as large as you want to be. I had been shooting with Jay for a while, so I was more than willing to participate when he asked me to host. I'm the type of person who takes on jobs and activities sort of just to prove to myself I can do it. I enjoy a challenge. 

        High heels, high fashion, high drama: That is the world of fashion shows. The show actually wen smoother than I thought it would. I had no idea where to start. The only thing I knew was that some sort of ordered needed to be established. Fashion shows put me in my purest element because fast-paced environments are when I thrive. Freestyling isn;t quite my forté, but I can save an entire production in 15 minutes. This isn't to take away from the director of the show --some people don't understand how much work it is to even book a location in NYC, and to get models/designers/hair stylists/makeup artists to show up. Then, you've got to appease everyone there because it's Diva-City.

       Photographers were the key components of this show. My favorite thing about modeling with Gaze Models is that, shooting with Jay, you know you should kill every frame. Every picture is a serious opportunity. There were photographers everywhere - my favorite was the roof. I was a great experience for both the models and the designers because, in one show, your clothing was practically put into three different photo shoots. The photos below were provided by Marcos Sotomayor, who was actually very kind, catering and easy to take photos for. The models, myself included, certainly enjoyed themselves. I still have pictures flowing in from all avenues --that's what this is all for, isn't it? 

         On all avenues, what this shot taught me was to step up to the plate. There are so many things that go on behind scenes (for everything in life) which the public doesn't get to see. It's these things that really affect your experience and understanding of a given event. Behind these curtains, I certainly saw the ugly stress that leads to the beauty of fashion shows. Everyone is so nervous. Me too. I mean... that's what happens when you have a "co-host" who never shows. *shrugs* You have to forget what the rest of the world is thinking or doing, and simply live in the moment --if this is your thing, that is. The models behind the curtains primp and perk or do a couple of pushups to make themselves a bit closer to "perfect" while the audience sits back and decides exactly how perfect it is. I walked the runway with half of my cheeks out (although I looooooveed that shorts and top set by Devian Rebel Clothing) and had to cover them as I went up the stairs in front of a woman who could have been my mother. "I'll try to spare you," I apologized, cupping my cheeks. I feel like it was that interaction which made the night beautiful.  Even though I was damn-near naked (to my difinition) I'm sure she was still able to see me as a person and understand that... I look good.. that's why. lol We deserve to be as pretty as we can be, and showcase what God's given us (we all have our individual limits), but I was just happy to see myself in that element. To admire myself and know that what I'm wearing doesn't change me as a person, and by my interactions, I still have en effect on how I'm received. That's why I loved hosting: It was me who had to keep the crowd in good spirits, to make them feel comfortable and provide a little bit of entertainment *cough* distractions/stalling *cough* when needed. I even sang a little bit. I was told I did I good job... I'd like to think so.
 

      I also enjoyed the people I met, that's always the benefit of involving yourself in any activity where you have fun. From the makeup artist who did me up, Christine Coello, to the models and artists who hit the runway. I don't know all of their names, but I know I enjoyed their company --there was certainly good and peaceful spirit behind the curtains, I can testify to that although I caught a little stress myself. When the models first hit the rooftop (there was a rooftop shoot following every scene) they took a moment to introduce themselves to the guests already sitting up there. The idea was initially for "friends" to be on the roof and spectators on the floor below for the runway scene, but overflow mixed everyone together. I thought it was wonderful how closely the models could interact with the audience as well as with the photographers and designers. I enjoy this event for how professional it was on one side for he curtain, but how human we all were on both sides of it.

        If you're looking for more photos, please visit Marco's Facebook Page. (Most of the below is obviously of me lol)  You can also add me on Instagram to browse, or tag yourself if you were also in the show. If you comment below this post, I'll be sure to tag you in the captions below. Just need a little bit of your help, I'm human! 

As for the hosting of shows... I would so do it again. Book me ;)

Ella. <3

Featured: Deviant Rebel Clothing. Photo by Marcos TKE Sotomayor 

Featured: Deviant Rebel Clothing. Photo by Marcos TKE Sotomayor 

Featured: Deviant Rebel Clothing. Photo by Marcos TKE Sotomayor 

Featured: Deviant Rebel Clothing. Photo by Marcos TKE Sotomayor 

Featured: Deviant Rebel Clothing. Photo by Marcos TKE Sotomayor 

Featured: Deviant Rebel Clothing. Photo by Marcos TKE Sotomayor 


Featured: Deviant Rebel Clothing. Photo by Marcos TKE Sotomayor 

Featured: Deviant Rebel Clothing. Photo by Marcos TKE Sotomayor 

Featured: Deviant Rebel Clothing. Photo by Marcos TKE Sotomayor 

Featured: Deviant Rebel Clothing. Photo by Marcos TKE Sotomayor 

Featured: Deviant Rebel Clothing. Photo by Marcos TKE Sotomayor 

Featured: Deviant Rebel Clothing. Photo by Marcos TKE Sotomayor 

Featured: Deviant Rebel Clothing. Photo by Marcos TKE Sotomayor 

Featured: Deviant Rebel Clothing. Photo by Marcos TKE Sotomayor 

Featured: Deviant Rebel Clothing. Photo by Marcos TKE Sotomayor 

Featured: Deviant Rebel Clothing. Photo by Marcos TKE Sotomayor 


Featured: Deviant Rebel Clothing. Photo by Marcos TKE Sotomayor 


Featured: Deviant Rebel Clothing. Photo by Marcos TKE Sotomayor 

Featured: Deviant Rebel Clothing. Photo by Marcos TKE Sotomayor 

No comments: